Convoy Trucking forum
April 18, 2024, 01:47:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum has been moved to new server: www.forum.convoytrucking.net

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

How to: private vehicles (Updated 16.9.2010)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to: private vehicles (Updated 16.9.2010)  (Read 1748 times)
mick88
Convoy Trucker
Administrator
King of the Artict Ice roads

IG name: mick88
Xfire: convoytrucker

« on: April 21, 2010, 06:10:45 pm »

Vehicles cost from about $100k to $500k and over. Trucks cost about $200k-$350k. Full list of dealers with available models and prices can be found HERE. Yo check car price in-game, type /GetPrice [model]. To buy a car, visit one of the dealers or buy a used car from another player.

When you buy a car, you should make sure that you insure it. Insurance price depends on how many vehicles you own. When you crash uninsured vehicle you will lose it. If vehicle was insured it will respawn in its parking spot. You can buy vehicle insurance in any shop or purchase it via cellphone if you own it. Insurance lasts 1, 7 or 30 in-game days depending on chosen option. The 30 days insurance costs the least per-day while 1-day insurance costs the most.
You should comply with the private vehicle rules and road rules. All rules can be found HERE.

You can own twice as many vehicles as number of slots in your house. If you own a 2-slot house, you can own 4 vehicles, but only 2 of them can be parked at the house. You can use a public carpark to park the rest of your cars (or airport if it's a plane or helicopter). Make sure you get the 'Vehicle parked' message, otherwise your car may not save.

When you buy a car first thing you need to do is 'park' it to house parking or in public carpark. Public carparks are red flag icons on map, you can see them only when you are in your car. All you need to do in order to park a vehicle is to exit it. When you enter the game again you will find all your cars in the locations where you parked them. If you don't park your vehicle correctly, your vehicle will be removed from server and you will receive only part of your money back.

You can allow other players drive your car with command /drive. The player needs to stand next to your car and face it. Alternatively you can set vehicle password (/setvehiclepass) to allow players who know the password to use your car while you are offline.

If you want to sell your car, you can use sell vehicle option in shop. Make sure to sell mods separately before selling car or you won't get any refund for them. You can also sell vehicles via your cellphone if you have one. You cannot sell vehicle mods with a cellphone.

Dealers can be located on the map below:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 11:16:04 pm by mick88 » Report Spam   Logged
RealCop228
Webmaster
Legend

IG name: RealCop228
Xfire: RealCop228

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 09:39:06 pm »

Bumping this topic so it finally gets noticed!
Report Spam   Logged
mick88
Convoy Trucker
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 05:07:06 am »

Topic updated.
Report Spam   Logged
mick88
Convoy Trucker
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 08:24:04 am »

Another update.
Report Spam   Logged
DenisGTA
Gear Jammer

IG name: DenisGTA

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 12:32:49 pm »

I think its a good idea if you put the insurance for 1,7 or 30 days of-game,in our days.and the cost betwen 10000-50000$.What do you say?Huh
Report Spam   Logged
Haydz
Global Moderator
Full Trucker

IG name: Haydz
Xfire: Haydzyo

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 01:15:30 pm »

I think its a good idea if you put the insurance for 1,7 or 30 days of-game,in our days.and the cost betwen 10000-50000$.What do you say?Huh

Don't really understand, but if you're meaning insurance days decrease when you're offline also i disagree that could get expensive lol.
Report Spam   Logged
DenisGTA
Gear Jammer

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 04:43:04 pm »

no i mean 30 days insurance in our days no in game days in real life days
Report Spam   Logged
DenisGTA
Gear Jammer

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 04:46:09 pm »

hey admins can i buy more cars then house slots?i mean if i have a house with 1 car slot can i buy 3 cars??i will park them in public parks Wink and i have one more question.A pal o mine have a car and set a password on it.He tell me the password but how can i take the car?Huh
Report Spam   Logged
Killerfrom05

IG name: Killerfrom05
Xfire: killerfrom05

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 04:47:43 pm »

hey admins can i buy more cars then house slots?i mean if i have a house with 1 car slot can i buy 3 cars??i will park them in public parks Wink and i have one more question.A pal o mine have a car and set a password on it.He tell me the password but how can i take the car?Huh

1 slot house gives you a limit of 2 car slots but only 1 car can be parked at that house and the other car has to be placed in a public parking areas.
Report Spam   Logged
Vado19
Administrator
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 08:36:54 pm »

1 slot house gives you a limit of 2 car slots but only 1 car can be parked at that house and the other car has to be placed in a public parking areas.
stand beside the car and type /enter and the password he gave you to use the car
Report Spam   Logged
Ahop
Gear Jammer

IG name: Ahop

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 12:35:24 pm »

If you buy insurance right? and u lose ur car? does the insurance go away?
Report Spam   Logged
mick88
Convoy Trucker
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 01:05:21 pm »

If you buy insurance right? and u lose ur car? does the insurance go away?

You won't lose your car if it's insured, it will respawn instead of destroy. If you sell it you will not receive refund for insurance.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: